Sunday, April 12, 2015

Speechless Sunday (Almost)--Mold-A-Rama Flashback at Como Zoo


 
Flashback to elementary school field trips in the 1970's when a visit to Como Park Zoo just wasn't complete as a kid without stopping for a hot wax molded animal from a Mold-A-Rama machine. These machines were a favorite stop for kids with extra change for a inexpensive souvenir back during a grade school field trip in the 1960's and 1970's. (I can still smell acrid scent of that weird hot wax.) The price was only a couple of quarters back then...way less than anything in the gift shop as I remember.  

A decade or so later, in the mid-80's, I remember taking my nieces to the zoo. They too were intrigued by the squished hot wax mold of a Como Park lion or gorilla to take home.  Though we also took our boys to Como on countless occasions in the 1990's, I don't remember every buying them a molded animal to take home. I thought the machines were just a memory.  On a recent visit, I was surprised that the machines in operation again today...but less surprised by the price increase. But at $2, it is still a bargain just to watch the machine in motion creating your hot wax trinket.

Como Park is still one of my favorite places to visit year round. Whether you want to have a family picnic, play a round of mini golf, ride the carousel, walk around the lake, see the animals or the flowers, there is literally something for everyone in the family to enjoy.

Looking for a home with something for everyone in your family near Como Park? Let me be your professional guide. If you are buying, selling or relocating to Minnesota and need help from a professional REALTOR®, give me, Teri Eckholm of Boardman Realty, a call or visit my website for a FREE Home Buyer Success Guide or FREE Home Value Report. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District. Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.

Copyright 2015 www.terieckholm.com
 


Rent Continues to Rise in Minneapolis & St Paul MN

The September Rent report just released by ABODO shows te average rate to lease a one bedroom apartment in St Paul to be increasing ...