Tuesday, April 7, 2015

When Bigger isn't Better--It's Time for a Change

 
A week or so ago, without much fanfare, I made a decision to change real estate brokers. I had been with a "big box" broker for my entire career. It was important years ago to have a brand and tools to support my real estate business and give my seller's listings a boost in the market. But now I'm going boutique--Yep, I've made a big change to a smaller brokerage.

The internet has been a great equalizer in real estate. In the past few years our local associations and MLS have provided EVERY broker and agent (big and small) with  a number of  dynamic tools to get homes sold. With reciprocity, homes are shared with other websites like Realtor.com, Zillow and every big box site, so a listing on the MLS will be seen on every site. I was faced with the question, "Why continue to pay for the big box brand?" And, more importantly, why have my clients pay the higher big box fees with little added benefit?

Those two questions helped make my decision and I made my big change to a smaller more dynamic, boutique realty company. At Boardman Realty, I work directly with the broker, Teresa Boardman, not an office manager. T is not only an excellent REALTOR®, expert photographer and blogger, she is my friend. We work well together. It is my goal to exceed the expectations of my clients and with a smaller "box", innovative marketing and lower fees, I am sure to be able to continue to do that.

Interested in working with a boutique broker to sell your Minneapolis/St Paul Home? Let me be your professional guide. If you are buying, selling or relocating to Minnesota and need help from a professional REALTOR®, give me, Teri Eckholm of Boardman Realty, a call or visit my website for a FREE Home Buyer Success Guide or FREE Home Value Report. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District. Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.

Copyright 2015 www.terieckholm.com
 

Rent Continues to Rise in Minneapolis & St Paul MN

The September Rent report just released by ABODO shows te average rate to lease a one bedroom apartment in St Paul to be increasing ...