- Bike the Gateway! The Gateway Trail Cuts right through the heart of Maplewood. Use the trail head at the Maplewood Community Center to walk, rollerblade or bike along this picturesque route that runs through Ramsey County from Stillwater to St Paul. CLICK HERE to Download a map at the DNR website.
- Picnic at Keller Lake If you haven’t visited Keller Lake Park in years, you haven’t visited Keller Lake Park. In addition to the multiple picnic pavilions, there is a wonderful new wooden trail that expands across the wetland and under Hwy 36 with access to Spoon Lake and Phalen. Fish, Kayak or walk the trail to see where the bald eagle’s nest is too! Planning a big picnic? Pavilions might be rented so check with Ramsey County for availability.
- Commune with Nature! Visit the Maplewood Nature Center and look for herons. Located just off Hwy 120 this is a hidden gem! Explore by taking a self-guided tour offer or stop in the Visitor’s Center to see snakes, salamanders and other critters. Best of all…it’s free!
- Ride the Carousel Did you know that Maplewood Mall has an indoor carousel? This double decker treasure was built in Venice, Italy but now makes its home in Minnesota. For $2 it is an inexpensive
- Make a Splash! Waterworks at Battle Creek Park is fun and cheap way to have fun and stay cool in the summer. Admission in 2014 is just $7 per guest. This water attraction is located in an awesome park so bring a picnic and explore.
Copyright 2014 www.terieckholm.com