Friday, November 9, 2007

Unbelievable! Guess Who Wants an Invite to Thanksgiving Dinner?!

This one is too good not to share…Since living in Ham Lake we have had our encounters with wildlife but with less than two weeks prior to Thanksgiving, this is one for the books.
Moments ago, I was pulled away from answering emails and blogging on the computer in my home office due to a weird thumping noise. I was confused since it was just me and the pets at home. It wasn’t the dog with his thumping tail. He was next to me. I thought maybe the cat was playing with something in the bedroom. No…nothing upstairs. The noise was coming from the basement…maybe the cat had something downstairs…that can’t be good as in the country, we get mice from time to time.

Nope! It was this guy and he scared me out of my wits! He was tapping at the glass of our basement window. I had to get a photo to prove it to everyone.

This is my third encounter with wild turkeys in Ham Lake. The
first one didn’t go so well and we are still cleaning miniscule shards of glass off the dashboard of the minivan. The second one was last year when one bird got trapped in the batting cage netting out back. But this one trying to get a free invite to Thanksgiving? Good thing I am not a hunter! :)



Featured homes in Ham Lake and Forest Lake:3608 Woodland Drive
20685 Georgia Ave N

If you are buying, selling or relocating to Minnesota and need help from a professional Realtor, give me a call or visit my website for a FREE Relocation Packet. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District! Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.

Copyright 2007 www.terieckholm.com

Rent Continues to Rise in Minneapolis & St Paul MN

The September Rent report just released by ABODO shows te average rate to lease a one bedroom apartment in St Paul to be increasing ...