Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Love at First Sight

Decades ago as a young man walked through the door of a neighborhood restaurant. His eyes met those of a young girl. In that instant, their lives changed. It was years before they married and there were many ups and downs. But they are still together and in love today.

A few years ago, another young woman shares a conversation with a young man in a record shop. After a few minutes she leaves. The young man followed her out the door and said, “If I let you go without asking for your number, I will regret it the rest of my life.” This couple is engaged and plans to be married in the next year or so.

I know that look…As I was that first young girl. My niece was the second.

Funny thing is that when I see that look these days, it is when my buyers fall in love with a house. After showing house after house to my clients, whether they are fi
rst time buyers or moving up or downsizing, I can see it in their eyes when we have found the one!
  • It is not always the best house.


  • It is not always the most expensive.


  • The homes are not always perfectly staged.

But something about the property strikes the heartstrings of the buyer and I can see it in their eyes.

I am a firm believer in houses selling themselves.

For most home buyers, a housing purchase is unlike any other investment; it is an emotional decision. My job as a buyer’s representative is to provide stable, unbiased support and assistance through the process. So while my buyers are starry-eyed looking at the paint colors and room sizes, I check out the nooks, crannies and disclosures to point out things that might be overlooked. While not an inspector, I will point out questions to ask of the sellers and home inspector should the buyers decide to write an offer. Sometimes flaws are hard to see with stars in our eyes.

Falling in love at first sight is a wonderful experience whether with another person or a home. It is important to take the time to get to know that object of your affection before making a commitment. A professional Realtor can guide love struck buyers through the process so that they get a good deal on their dream home. My job as a real estate agent is to look out for my buyer’s best interests so they can remain in love with their dream home as long as the live there.

Have a Wonderful Valentine’s Day!
*************************************************

If you are buying, selling or relocating to Minnesota and need help from a professional Realtor, give me a call or visit my website for a FREE Relocation Packet. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District! Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.




Rent Continues to Rise in Minneapolis & St Paul MN

The September Rent report just released by ABODO shows te average rate to lease a one bedroom apartment in St Paul to be increasing ...