Saturday, October 25, 2008

Defining Dreams—How a REALTOR® Helps Today's First Time Homebuyer

It continues to be a tumultuous real estate market out there. For a first time buyer this can be quite intimidating. More than ever before buyers need to be educated as short sales, foreclosures and bank owned homes continue to be an increasing part of the real estate landscape throughout the Minneapolis/St. Paul's northern suburbs. From Forest Lake to Blaine to Ham Lake, there are homes in all shapes, sizes, price ranges and conditions. Though there is a wealth of information on the web, when buyers get to looking at actual homes in person, they can be overwhelmed not knowing what to do next. Is it really priced right? Will I be happy with my decision if I buy on price alone? It may be a great deal but is it the home of YOUR dreams?

I love assisting first time home buyers!

The opportunity to own their home is exciting and that excitement bubbles right out of these buyers. Many have a picture in their head of what their dream home looks like and it is my job to draw out that picture is and help my first time home buyers find it.

Is it a little bungalow with the white picket fence?
A new trendy condo with views of the St. Croix River?
Or a fixer-upper that they can renovate and build equity?
Everyone has a different dream. As a home buyer's representative, I work with you to define YOUR dream. It doesn't cost buyers one cent to have representation but what they receive is priceless!

In the current buyers' market, there are so many options in every price range throughout the Twin Cities. I did a search a few days ago for a buyer and in a 15 mile radius from her place of employment, there were over 375+ homes she could consider! While it is great to have options, having over 375+ choices is overwhelming. So how do you narrow down your choices? Work with a professional real estate agent. As a REALTOR®, I work hard to understand your needs and lifestyle so we can find your perfect home.

To assist buyers, I asked them questions that help them define their dream...What was most important their home? Beyond the number of bedrooms and baths or how many garage spaces, how do they really live?I take the time to talk with my buyers about their lives and what is important to them. By taking a short, lifestyle inventory, I focus in on what makes up their ideal house.

Once a buyers' dream is defined, the list of potential properties can be narrowed quickly to a reasonable amount of serious possibilities. By understanding what the buyers' picture perfect home is, I help them stay focused and not waste time with homes that don't fit the dream. It most cases it only takes a short time to locate several good options and one "perfect" home to make an offer on...even in a real estate market with hundreds of options.

Let me help you define your dream...If you are buying, selling or relocating to Minnesota and need help from a professional REALTOR®, give me a call or visit my website for a FREE Relocation Packet. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District! Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.

Copyright 2008 terieckholm.com

Rent Continues to Rise in Minneapolis & St Paul MN

The September Rent report just released by ABODO shows te average rate to lease a one bedroom apartment in St Paul to be increasing ...