Thursday, October 2, 2008

No Political Spin—Just Straight Real Estate!

A day or so ago, I received a Google Alert notifying me that MNRealEstateUpdate was listed as a one of Politics in Minnesota’s favorite housing blogs. The article, Tracking the slide online: PIM's favorite economics & housing blogs, posted earlier this week by Dan Feidt, included my blog. What an honor for me to be listed with some of the top Minnesota real estate bloggers…And we have several excellent bloggers in the land of 10,000 lakes!
I found the recognition a bit curious as my real estate blog is very non-political. My blog is not full of postings ranting on about the mortgage crisis, the bailout, presidential candidates or political parties. There are few references to politics at all, except for one post in August informing folks that St Paul would soon be taken over by the Republicans in September…And that item was more about the extremely popular Star Wars exhibit that was ending at the Science Museum of Minnesota just prior to the Republican convention.

I write about real estate. I leave the politics to politicians, journalists and other bloggers. Because no matter what the political climate, people still need a place to live and people still need to move. It is my job to assist them with that process. Though the political climate may affect the process, when getting down to the nuts and bolts of working with individual home buyers and sellers, politics do not enter into the equation.

Okay, from time to time some city politics have entered into my postings. In early 2008, I did attend several meetings at Ham Lake city hall and
posted several times about the city’s exploration into the possibility of city water and sewer. I entered the edge of the political arena because this situation directly affected real estate values, property taxes and home sellers in one of the communities I serve. It was information necessary to share with the community as it would affect a homeowner’s ability to sell his or her property.

People don’t look to my blog for information on the housing crisis or an opinion on a political candidate. It’s simple not here. There is more than enough rhetoric on these topics throughout the blogsphere.

But if you want know honest information on where homes are selling in the Twin Cities north and east metro and how to get your home sold in this housing crisis, this is the place. If you need to know the steps to buying your first home and how to work with an agent to negotiate a great deal in this changed market, you will find tips here. If you are looking for community information and housing sales statistics for Ham Lake, Forest Lake, Lino Lakes, Blaine or Wyoming, my blog has lots of fun pictures and updates.

Maybe that is why my blog was selected as one of Dan Feidt’s favorite Minnesota real estate blogs. It is designed to help people buy and sell houses in MN period. But, whatever the reason, it is an honor and I say, “Thanks Dan!”


If you are buying, selling or relocating to Minnesota and need help from a professional REALTOR®, give me a call or visit my website for a FREE Relocation Packet. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District! Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.

Copyright 2008 terieckholm.com

Rent Continues to Rise in Minneapolis & St Paul MN

The September Rent report just released by ABODO shows te average rate to lease a one bedroom apartment in St Paul to be increasing ...