As a REALTOR® who works throughout Anoka, Chisago and Washington Counties, I have sold many homes using the DVA program. I have worked with sellers in Forest Lake and Coon Rapids who accepted offers from Veterans using the DVA financing program to purchase the home. I assisted Veteran home buyers to locate and purchase homes in Wyoming, Lino Lakes, Blaine and North Branch using their DVA eligibility option. All of the sales went of without a hitch. It is a wonderful program.
Additionally, I know and work closely with several lender resources that have experience working directly with the VA. We work together as a team to get veterans into the homes of their dreams!
Yesterday I attended a seminar in White Bear Lake given by the Department of Veterans Affairs on the home assistance program that is available for those who have served or are actively serving in the military. What a great benefit to our brave men and women who have sacrificed for our country. Low and no money down home loan programs are almost unheard of for today’s homebuyers. But the DVA has offered this option to eligible veterans since 1944 and continues the program today.
So, are you a veteran homebuyer?
There are many ways to take advantage of the DVA program. Whether you are buying a single family home, condo, townhome or even a duplex or four-plex, as long as you plan to live in the home, this is a benefit you have earned and should consider when buying or refinancing a home.
Seven Simple Steps to Buying a Home with a VA Loan:
- Apply for your Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Or ask your loan officer to request online using the webLGY application.
- Work with a REALTOR® to find your perfect home with a home seller that will accept DVA financing.
- Present the COE to your loan officer at the time of loan application.
- Loan officer will work with VA to order appraisal of home. A Notice of Value is issued.
- The lender bank will review all documentation and approve your loan if the established property value and your credit and income are acceptable.
- Attend the closing on your new home where the closer will go over all the loan terms and requirements as you sign the documents for your mortgage.
- The lender applies to the VA for evidence of guaranty.
On the surface, many of these steps are similar to applying for a regular loan but the benefits of coming in with a very low or maybe even no down payment are not. Veterans should note that you are not alone in the process; you will have professional assistance in every step of the way. Why wouldn’t you want to check out this unique opportunity that is only available to those who have served our great country?
Need more information on how to buy a home using your DVA benefits and need help from a professional REALTOR®? Give me a call or email me! I love helping veterans find their way home! You can also visit my website for a FREE Relocation Packet , Homebuyers Success Packet or sign up for Listingbook Twin Cities Home Search. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District! Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.