Sunday, March 8, 2009

MN Property Tax Forms Assistance Schedule for Anoka County Seniors

The postcards won’t be in the mail this year but the tax assistance clinics will go on.

If you are a senior citizen, aged 65 or over or a disabled person who needs assistance filing your M1PR form for a property tax refund, the help clinics will go on all over Anoka County as in past years, but the reminder postcards will not be sent. The schedule was mailed as part of the Anoka County News that was sent to every resident in March. If you recycled the newsletter without saving the schedule, here are a few of the dates in the communities that I serve.

What to Bring? You will need to bring a copy of your Federal Tax 1040 form showing your 2008 total household income.
  • Homeowners will need to bring a copy of your 2009 real estate tax statement.
  • Renters need the Certificate of Rent Paid or CRP that is given to you by your landlord.
Need to know additional dates and times? Contact the Anoka County Community Social Services Department at 763-422-7070
Need Help with Your 2008 Taxes? Free forms assistance is available for seniors, disabled adults and low to moderate income households at locations in Anoka County from February 2 through April 15, 2009. 

Copyright 2009