I noticed an interesting phenomenon in early July that is continuing into August. Lakeshore homes that traditionally list as soon as the ice drops in April were being listed after Independence Day in July. And it was not just the usual handful of slowpokes that added a late summer listing…several lake properties listed in Washington County after July 1st. These are not relisted homes either…You know the ones that are cancelled so they "look new on the market" with a different MLS number every 3-6 months. About a dozen new lakeshore listings hit the market as bona fide new listings in the past six weeks.
- Lake Sylvan 1BR/2BA/2car rambler under $155K
- 70’s built Split-level 4BR/3BA/2Car on Forest Lake for $199,900 ($50K below tax value!)
- 2 Heated Cottages on huge lot on Forest Lake’s 3rd Lake. Adorable and priced at $320K.
- Stunning executive home on 100 ft of Forest Lake’s 2nd Lake shoreline. 3400 sq ft 2 story priced in the $770’s
- Affordable 3BR rambler with 132 ft of lakeshore on Lily Lake in Stillwater listed for under $225K.
So those who have lakeshore dreams, this may be the year to take a look at what has listed at the end of the season. There is still time to enjoy a fall campfire on your own piece of shoreline. And, that ice fishing excursion could be much closer to home this winter...right out your own backdoor!
If you are buying, selling or relocating to Minnesota and need help from a professional REALTOR®, give me a call or visit my website for a FREE Relocation Packet , Homebuyers Success Packet or sign up for Listingbook Twin Cities Home Search. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District! Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.