Friday, February 13, 2015

Love at First Sight is Reality--For Home Buyers too!

I believe in love at first sight. Do you?

Yesterday there was an wonderful story on the national news about the longest married couple in America. The enchanting couple, 99 years young, have been happily married for 81 years. When asked how they met he said he just drove by and saw her on the front porch and that was it.
Decades ago as a handsome 20-something, blue-eyed man walked through the door of a local restaurant, his eyes connected with the sparkling eyes of a young girl. A short while later they talked and their lives changed forever. I still remember that first moment and the twinkle in the blue eyes of my future husband.

These days I get to see that starstruck look of love every time my buyers fall in love with a house. Whether they are first time buyers or moving up or downsizing, I can see it in a buyer's eyes when it is the one!
  • It is not always the best house.

  • It is not always the most expensive.

  • The property is not always perfectly staged.

But something about the home pulls at the heartstrings of these buyers. I can see it in their eyes they are home!
I am a firm believer in houses selling themselves.
For most home buyers, a housing purchase is unlike any other investment; it is an emotional decision. My job as a buyer's representative is to provide stable, unbiased support and assistance throughout the home buying process. So while my buyers are starry-eyed looking at the warm paint colors, brilliant hardwoods and room sizes, I check out the nooks, crannies and seller's disclosures to discover things that might be overlooked through the starstruck eyes of my client. While not an inspector, it is my job to point out potential issues to question the sellers about (and home inspector should the buyers decide to write an offer). Sometimes flaws are hard to see with stars in our eyes.

Falling in love at first sight is a wonderful experience whether with a person or a home. It is important to take the time to get to know that object of your affection before making a commitment. As a professional REALTOR®, I guide my excited clients through the home buying process so their dream home is a continued love story. My job as a real estate agent when representing buyers is to look out for my clients’ best interests so they can remain in love with their dream home as long as the live there.

♥ Have a Wonderful Valentine's Day!♥

READY TO MAKE A MOVE? Let me be your professional guide. If you are buying, selling or relocating to Minnesota and need help from a professional REALTOR®, give me, Teri Eckholm of Boardman Realty, a call or visit my website for a FREE Home Buyer Success Guide or FREE Home Value Report. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District. Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.

Copyright 2015 www.terieckholm.com

Rent Continues to Rise in Minneapolis & St Paul MN

The September Rent report just released by ABODO shows te average rate to lease a one bedroom apartment in St Paul to be increasing ...