Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Is YOUR Real Estate Agent a Dabbler?


A decade ago, during the first big real estate surge, I was an agent. I started in the business a few years prior to when everything exploded. I didn’t become an agent because there was “easy” money to be made. I transitioned out of a corporate marketing job to help people through the complicated process of buying and/or selling a home. And when the going got tough, I didn’t hang up my license or take up a part time job for cash. I was a REALTOR® and in the business for the long haul. 

Once again the housing market is strong. And with the strong market come hundreds of new agents (and those dusting off their licenses that have been on ice for since 2007). These dabblers are jumping back into the real estate game. Often they start by contacting friends and relatives to “help” them as their first clients. Is your agent one of these real estate dabblers

Why it Matters 

One of the many things I have learned is that real estate is a business of continuous education and change. REALTORS® who are in it as a profession learn something from every transaction and apply it to their next deal.  A new agent or one who sells a home or two a year doesn’t have that bank of education to draw from.  This helps with negotiation when reviewing offers and writing an offer that will make the cut in a multiple offer situation. This is essential when assessing properties with a first time home buyer and determining the best list price for a property. 

My experience helping home buyers and sellers whether their move was during a down market or in this most recent upswing is invaluable to my clients. I put this knowledge to work to help them make the best decisions for their situation. In the past few months, my expertise has saved my client’s thousands of dollars regardless of whether buying or selling. Dabblers don’t have this expertise.

Who do you want on your side? A seasoned professional or a dabbler?

READY TO MAKE YOUR MOVE? Let me be your professional guide. If you are buying, selling or relocating to Minnesota and need help from a professional REALTOR®, give me, Teri Eckholm of Boardman Realty, a call or visit my website for a FREE Home Buyer Success Guide or FREE Home Value Report. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District. Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.
 

Copyright 2016 terieckholm.com

Rent Continues to Rise in Minneapolis & St Paul MN

The September Rent report just released by ABODO shows te average rate to lease a one bedroom apartment in St Paul to be increasing ...