The low interest rates and recent reports have many apartment dwellers considering making a first home purchase. House prices are making buying a very attractive option for many who want the investment potential and tax benefits that being a responsible homeowner can provide. But some on the fence might not like the idea of cutting the grass every summer weekend or shoveling a driveway before going to work on a Minnesota winter day. These fence dwellers should consider a townhome and dive into the market to receive the benefits of homeownership but retain some of the worry free aspects of apartment life!
Here are five reasons that a townhouse might be the perfect first home:
- No Yardwork! In most cases the association is responsible for all grass cutting, trash and snow removal.
- No Exterior Maintenance! Painting the siding and putting on a new roof are decisions made by the homeowners association. Exterior hazard insurance is covered by a policy for the entire association and paid for with monthly or annual association fees.
- Community Amenities. Want an inground pool? Like nature trails, walking paths and lakeshore living? Need a fitness center or large room to entertain in? Love the idea of living on a golf course? Amenities like these can be found in many northern Twin Cities townhome developments.
- Close Neighbors Provide Better Security! Complaints of that nosy neighbor disappear when they notice that something unusual is going on next door and thwart a robbery in progress. People in townhomes live in close proximity to one and other, like those in apartments. This closeness can provide comfort to those who like the idea of neighbors looking out for one another.
- More Space for the Money. In the price verses square footage scenario, townhomes win hands down for getting more space for the dollar. With less dollars being tied to the land, more of your money goes into buying actual living space. Townhomes are designed with space efficiency in mind, giving you more living area at a lower cost.
Need another reason? Townhomes are amazingly affordable throughout Anoka, Chisago and Washington Counties! The Minnesota townhome market developed too quickly in early the early 2000’s creating more supply than demand. Add to it the overall slow down in real estate, builders started making deals about two years ago from Blaine to Forest Lake and Wyoming to Coon Rapids to keep new developments selling. With builders making deals, traditional sellers have dropped their prices too. Townhomes are selling at unbelievable prices. Read More About Townhome Deals HERE!
Ready to get off the fence and buy a Minnesota townhome and need help from a professional Realtor? Give me a call or visit my website for a FREE Relocation Packet. I specialize in properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes, Blaine and all communities in the Forest Lake School District! Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.
Copyright 2008 terieckholm.com