Saturday, July 12, 2008

Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions--Homeowner Version: Move Over Tiger! Yogi’s Ready for the Links in Forest Lake!

As a Realtor I get the opportunity to canvas the countryside looking at homes and properties throughout the north metro. Time and again I stumble upon unique treasures. This time, I discovered an artful roadside distraction because of a detour just over two months ago. The tornado devastation in Hugo rerouted me from many of my regular real estate routes to and through Anoka and Washington Counties. On one such detour, I drove past this guy who acts as part of a welcoming committee in a Forest Lake home. Now this is a bear that is ready for one of Minnesota’s favorite summer activities…GOLF! I knew that I would have to take this detour again with camera at hand soon!

So this past week on my way to show homes to out-of-town buyers in White Bear Lake and Stillwater, I made a scheduled detour to get the shot. This guy stands on one side of the driveway while his friend (BooBoo maybe?) who is not decked out in golf attire, stands stately on the other. There was some thought put into the clothing as the beautiful two story home of the owner has the same whimsical color scheme: butter yellow siding with forest green trim.

In my real estate travels, I tend to take the same roads so if it wasn’t for the tornado detour, I would never have traveled past this pair of distracting bears. But this gets me thinking…Maybe I should take alternative routes more often as you never know what uniquely Minnesotan artful distraction could be around the next bend in a Minnesota roadway.

Other Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions:


Don't be distracted when making YOUR important real estate decisions! If you are buying, selling or relocating to Minnesota and need help from a professional Realtor, give me a call or visit my website for a FREE Relocation Packet. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District! Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.
Copyright 2008 terieckholm.com

Rent Continues to Rise in Minneapolis & St Paul MN

The September Rent report just released by ABODO shows te average rate to lease a one bedroom apartment in St Paul to be increasing ...