Sunday, October 5, 2008

Lendt’s Pumpkin Patch—A Fall Tradition in Wyoming, MN


It was a bright sunny October day almost a decade ago, when I first stepped off the Forest Lake Area school bus onto the Lendt’s Pumpkin Patch. Holding my kindergartener’s hand, we walked to the tractor for our ride into the field to pick out the perfect orange beauty to carve into a jack-o-lantern for our front porch step. With 30 or so other excited children and their parents or grandparents by their sides, we sat on our hay bales for the bumpy ride across the well worn track. Within a few minutes after stopping, everyone had a golden prize and boasts were heard among the kids as to which was more perfect. Wonderful memories were made that day!

Last week, I drove through Chisago County on the way to visit a listed client. Colorful directional arrows reminded me of Octobers past when our family made the trip to Lendt's. The pumpkin patch field abuts an acreage development in Wyoming where I have worked with several buyers and sellers over the years. Though I always know the field is there, in October is when the holiday memories come to life!
This too was a bright sunny October afternoon. As I passed Lendt’s, I had to stop and snap a few pictures of the beautiful orange fruit peeking out from the greenery along Highway 22. In minutes, I was taken back to that first visit as a tractor full of excited children and adults arrived at the parking area with their treasured pumpkins. It is still the same. A fall visit to the Wyoming Pumpkin Patch is a wonderful family tradition!



Have a wonderful, memory-filled autumn and safe Halloween!


**********************************************
If you are buying, selling or relocating to Minnesota and need help from a professional REALTOR®, give me a call or visit my website for a FREE Relocation Packet. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District! Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.

Copyright 2008 terieckholm.com

Rent Continues to Rise in Minneapolis & St Paul MN

The September Rent report just released by ABODO shows te average rate to lease a one bedroom apartment in St Paul to be increasing ...