Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Can Hold My OWN Hand!

Several years ago, just as we were about to step off the curb into the busy parking lot of the local Target, I attempted to take the hand of my almost three-year-old son when he announced to my husband and I, “I can hold my own hand!” And being obstinate and two, he did.

He put one chubby little fist inside the other behind his back and attempted to step off the curb and into traffic. Realizing his need for independence, we explained the dangers of his actions to him. (Hey Buddy...Drivers have no way of seeing a tiny person below their windows as they back up their cars.) We compromised. He was allowed to hold his own hand everywhere except busy parking lots and when crossing the street. Then he would be required to hold mommy or daddy’s hand or hang on to the stroller for his own safety.

That precocious son will be heading off to college in a few weeks and the mom in me is again struggling as he “holds his own hand” and steps of the curb into his future. He doesn’t need mom or dad to help with many things anymore. He is well prepared for the real world or at least this next part of it.

Holding your own hand is good in life but there are times when one must rely on a professional to help them through a new or difficult situation. As a real estate agent, I realize most clients want to “hold their own hand” through a transaction with the knowledge that when they will need to “step off the curb” I will be right by their side there ready to explain and guide them through every step of the process. Whether it is a question from a home seller at the time of listing the house about whether they should start looking for another home now or wait for an offer or a first time home buyer wondering whether a townhome or single family home would be a better investment, I am there ready to educate and assist. A good REALTOR® knows it is important for the client to make the decisions—it is our job to guide and educate our clients through the home buying or selling process.

Are you ready to step off the curb and need a good REALTOR® by your side?
If you are buying, selling or relocating to Minnesota and need help from a professional REALTOR®, give me a call or visit my website for a FREE Relocation Packet , Homebuyers Success Packet or sign up for Listingbook Twin Cities Home Search. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District! Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.



Copyright 2010 Teri Eckholm 

Rent Continues to Rise in Minneapolis & St Paul MN

The September Rent report just released by ABODO shows te average rate to lease a one bedroom apartment in St Paul to be increasing ...