So what do you do if your home is on the market and you have a pet?
- Keep your pet well groomed to reduce odor, hair and nail damage.
- Get a pet bed for your dogs and cats. Not only does it provide extra comfort and it keeps dirt and sweat their bodies and fur from going into the carpet fibers.
- Have a proper sized kennel or cage for exotic pets and clean often.
- Clear all accidents immediately. Use special pet cleaners to remove odors and stains.
- Cover all exposed woodwork especially around windows. Pets love to jump up and look out windows. Use gates to limit your pet's access to soft wood floors like birch or cherry wood. Nail marks require the floor to be completely sanded down before refinishing. It can get very costly.
- Don't chain your dog to the side of your house. Chains and bolts can cause both cosmetic and structural damage to your home.
- If your dog shows behavior problems such as chewing, clawing etc, address them immediately to avoid damage to your home.
Copyright 2013 www.terieckholm.com