Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distraction—Homeowner Version: Little Gnome Facts in Forest Lake



Or should I say it is a fact that a little gnome is yard art in Forest Lake, Minnesota. This amazing tree carving and Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distraction makes its home just off of Broadway, the main street of Forest Lake commerce. As a Realtor working in the northeast metro, I see this type of art in yards all over Washington and Anoka Counties. I discovered the little guy one day when I was driving a different route to pick up one of my son's friends. Now, I take my family by it often, as we love its whimsy. He is pretty good sized too with the mushrooms, the sculpture is about 5 feet tall.

As a lover of fantasy literature, “Gnomes” was one of the first tabletop art books I ever purchased as a college student and I still own it today. I never understood why others think of Garden Gnomes as creepy unless it is like the people with the unnatural fear of clowns. Love ‘em or hate ‘em this gnome is a pretty unique piece of landscape art.

Other Artful Distraction and Forest Lake Posts:



Featured Listing in Forest Lake Minnesota: 20685 Georgia Ave N
If you are relocating to Minnesota, are looking for Homes for Sale in the north and east Twin Cities metro area and need help from a professional Realtor, give me a call or visit my website for a FREE Relocation Packet. I specialize in acreage properties! Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.

Copyright 2007 www.terieckholm.com

Rent Continues to Rise in Minneapolis & St Paul MN

The September Rent report just released by ABODO shows te average rate to lease a one bedroom apartment in St Paul to be increasing ...