As I slowly wound my way through ice and snow on the slippery North Shore Trail while showing Forest Lake homes this past week, I was momentarily distracted by a colorful garage door. The elements made it difficult to see properly so yesterday I wound around back around the lake where I had showed homes days before to find this wonderful steam train artistic distraction.
While painting a mural on a garage door can be a detriment to a home's value, I will have to admit that this steam train mural would be a welcome sight to many. It really pops out against the white winter snow and many people still love the nostalgic steam train era.
Not all art in Minnesota is in museums or created with chainsaws!
Other Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions:
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions-Hometown Version: The North St. Paul Snowman
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions--Homeowner Version: Ham Lake Bald Eagle in Nest
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions-Homeowner Version: Little Gnome Facts in Forest Lake
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions--Hometown Version: Lindstrom Teapot Watertower
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions—Homeowner Version: D’oh! Homer at Home in Centerville
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions—Hometown Version: Giant Polar Bear in White Bear Lake