Thursday, June 28, 2007

Anoka County Landscape is Forever Changing...Along with Everything Else!

I had the opportunity to travel through Andover and Anoka today, heading to Ramsey, Minnesota to pick up a real estate sign for a just-listed townhome. The summer afternoon drive through Anoka County was beautiful and I was struck by how much has changed in my life as well as through out the area since moving to our home in Ham Lake ten years ago.

At the corner of Bunker Lake and Hanson, I noted how much development had progressed. It was amazing that the once car graveyard/auto parts place that was an eyesore on the corner had been transformed into a storage area. As I headed west down the road, I noted that the huge open field had been replaced by a new Andover Target that seemed to pop up from nowhere next to the Festival Store. There are many short cuts through Ham Lake and Andover. I usually stick to Crosstown rather than going up Bunker Lake Boulevard so we hadn’t noticed these stores that have been around for awhile.

About this time, I remembered my cell phone that was charging on my counter at home.

Funny. When we moved up north from the city, we owned one cell phone and had it for emergencies. If it was forgotten at home, no one thought about it twice. Now, I had to tell myself to relax and enjoy our trip without answering the ringing phone. I do have voicemail after all!

So I admired the countryside as I drove to pick up the new sign. After installing the sign at my
new listing in Blaine, (It’s a townhome; no big post signs allowed here!), we headed back to our acreage in Ham Lake.

It is amazing how quickly our communities and lives change. Blink and you will miss it!




If you are relocating to Minnesota, are looking for Homes for Sale in the north and east Twin Cities metro area and need help from a professional Realtor, give me a call or visit my website for a FREE Relocation Packet. I specialize in acreage properties! Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.

Copyright 2007 Teri Eckholm

Rent Continues to Rise in Minneapolis & St Paul MN

The September Rent report just released by ABODO shows te average rate to lease a one bedroom apartment in St Paul to be increasing ...