Sunday, February 24, 2008

Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions—Hometown Version: Giant Mouse and Buffalo in Center City

Several years ago, I was headed down the stretch of the two-lane Highway 8 from Forest Lake through Chisago, Lindstrom and Center City when this huge rodent and a herd of Buffalo took my eyes from road. As a Minnesota Realtor, I had been driving to list my very first house in Chisago County and was I was distracted by a giant mouse with a cheese wheel, an array of colorful flags and a herd of buffalo! Buffalo in Minnesota? It was quite a distraction!

The turn for Shafer was just ahead, but the unique display at this huge farm with the giant roadside art was worth a second look. I hadn’t been aware of this family owned bison farm and cheese store but made a mental note to bring back my family to see the Minnesota bison herd.

Center City is on the map for being home to the world renown Hazelden Treatment facility. But for most Minnesotans, Eichen's has much more appeal.

During the period I had my Shafer home for sale, I passed by the Eichtens Hidden Acres farm and cheese shop on more than one occasion. It is more than just a bison and cheese store and restaurant, Eichten’s is an icon in the area. Family owned and operated, their cafĂ© serves bison burgers, Dutch Gouda cheese and ice cream for the less adventurous.

If the second largest herd of real bison in the state of Minnesota aren’t visible from the road, their other family friendly giant buffalo certainly will be! (Where do 300+ giant bison hide anyway?!)

Other Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions:

Don't be distracted when making important real estate decisions! If you are buying, selling or relocating to Minnesota and need help from a professional Realtor, give me a call or visit my website for a FREE Relocation Packet. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District! Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.

Copyright 2008 Teri Eckholm http://www.terieckholm.com/

Rent Continues to Rise in Minneapolis & St Paul MN

The September Rent report just released by ABODO shows te average rate to lease a one bedroom apartment in St Paul to be increasing ...