First time buyers have many, many questions as they move through the process of buying their dream home. Some of these are general in nature and some are very specific to a property and location. While specific questions are best handled by a local REALTOR, there is an awesome resource for those general, "where do I start" questions.
The US Department of Housing and Urban Development, better known as HUD, thought so too. HUD has prepared a list of 100 of the most commonly asked questions regarding real estate and the process of how to buy that first home.
What kinds of basic home buying questions are on the list? Here are a few sample questions:
- HOW DO I KNOW IF I'M READY TO BUY A HOME?
- WHAT SHOULD I LOOK FOR WHEN DECIDING ON A COMMUNITY?
- IS AN OLDER HOME A BETTER VALUE THAN A NEW ONE?
- HOW CAN I FIND INFORMATION ON THE PROPERTY TAX LIABILITY?
- DO I NEED TO BE THERE FOR THE INSPECTION?
- HOW DO I SELECT THE RIGHT REAL ESTATE AGENT?
Copyright 2010 Teri Eckholm