Last week on the way home from an orthodontist appointment for my son we detoured down a Blaine street following a bright pink sign advertising a late season garage sale. We turned into a dead end road but not a single garage door was opened on this cold gray early morning but we discovered an even more exciting treasure…Another Uniquely Minnesota Artful distraction.
At the end of the cul de sac there was the remnants of a beautiful perennial garden. In the center of the garden, surrounded by wood chips and hostas with leaves starting to yellow, was a wonderfully carved display of wooden roses. Now I know Marie Osmond had a hit with Paper Roses way back when, but these wooden American Beauties are really something to sing about! Good thing I had my camera with as we were going to take a photo of a Blaine water tower for a real estate market statistic post. I was able to get a picture of this unique wooden carving to share.
Look closely at the bottom and you will see a hidden treasure. There is a small dog carved into the bottom of the sculpture. I am guessing the dog is named Rosie!
Other Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions:
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions-Hometown Version: The North St. Paul Snowman
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions-Homeowner Version: Grrrr....Black Bear in Columbus
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions-Hometown Version: Giant Mouse and Buffalo in Center City
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions-Homeowner Version: Forest Lake Steam Train
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions--Homeowner Version: Ham Lake Bald Eagle in Nest
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions-Homeowner Version: Little Gnome Facts in Forest Lake
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions--Hometown Version: Lindstrom Teapot Watertower
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions-Homeowner Version: D'oh! Homer at Home in Centerville
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions--Hometown Version: East Bethel’s New Resident Black Bear
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions--Homeowner Version: Steel Dragons in Blaine
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions--Homeowner Version: Move Over Tiger! Yogi’s Ready for the Links in Forest Lake!
- Uniquely Minnesota Artful Distractions—Homeowner Version: Skol Vikings! Minnesota Viking in Roseville, MN!
Don't be distracted when making YOUR important real estate decisions! If you are buying, selling or relocating to Minnesota and need help from a professional Realtor, give me a call or visit my website for a FREE Relocation Packet. I specialize in acreage and lakeshore properties in the north and east Twin Cities metro area including Ham Lake, Lino Lakes and all communities in the Forest Lake School District! Serving Anoka, Chisago, Ramsey and Washington Counties in Minnesota.